How to Interact with DB?
Generally every DB vendor provides a User Interface through which we can easily execute SQL query’s and get the result . And these tools will help DB developers to create database. But as a programmer we want to interact with the DB dynamically to execute some SQL queries from our application (Any application like C, C++, JAVA etc), and for this requirement DB vendors provide some Native Libraries (Vendor Specific) using this we can interact with the DB i.e. If you want to execute some queries on Oracle DB, oracle vendor provides an OCI (Oracle Call Interface) Libraries to perform the same.
What is ODBC ?
ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) is an ISV (Independent software vendor product) composes of native API to connect to different databases through via a single API called ODBC.
Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) is an SQL oriented application programming interface developed by in collaboration with IBM and some other database vendors.
ODBC comes with Microsoft products and with all databases on Windows OS.
DataSource interface is implemented by driver vendor. There are 3 types of implementations available:
- Basic Implementation- Produces a standard connection object.
- Connection Pooling Implementation- Produces a connection object that automatically participates in connection pooling. This implementation works with a middle-tier connection pooling manager.
- Distributed transaction implementation- Produces a connection object that may be used for distributed transactions and almost always participates in connection pooling. This implementation works with a middle-tier transaction manager and almost always with a connection pool manager.
A driver that is accessed via a DataSource object does not register itself with the DriverManager. Rather, a DataSource object is retrieved though a lookup operation and then used to create a Connection object. With a basic implementation, the connection obtained through a DataSource object is identical to a connection obtained through the DriverManager facility.
- Connection getConnection() – This function returns Connection object on demand of this method.
- Connection getConnection(String user, String pass) – This function returns Connection object on demand of this method by passing username and password.
CREATING ASSEMBLIES WITH ASP.NET
BUILDING HANDLERS IN ASP.NET
INTERFACES AND CLASSES CREATION IN ASP.NET
CACHING IN ASP.NET
CACHING IN ASP.NET PART TWO
WIRE LESS APPLICATION WITH ASP.NET
SECURITY IN ASP.NET PART ONE
SECURITY IN ASP.NET PART TWO
LOCALIZING ASP.NET APPLICATIONS
DEPLOYING ASP.NET APPLICATIONS
ASP.NET CONFIGURATION SYSTEM
WEB SERVICES IN ASP.NET
WEB SERVICES PART TWO
WEB SERVICE INFRASTRUCTURE
WEB SERVICE INFRASTRUCTURE PART TWO
EXCHANGING MESSAGES IN ASP.NET
MICROSOFT HAIL STORM
SOAP AND DOT NET PART ONE
SOAP AND DOT NET PART TWO