The basic idea of setting the Test Bed is that the Test Suite must be potable and can readily be ran in any environment given the initial conditions. For this to happen, the automation tool supports a lot of functions to evolve a generic methodology where we can wrap up the entire built-ins to run before the Test Suite start executing the Script. In other word the fashion of organizing the Test Scripts remain in the developer’s mind to harbinger the issues and hurdles that can be avoided with little or less of programming.
1. Usage of built-in commands to keep the test path dynamically loaded. Options to rule out the possibility of Test Path Definitions
2. Close all the object files and data files in the Initialization Script
3. Connection to the database should be done in the Inits Script
4. Always Unload and Load the Object library, and it should be done only in Inits Script.
5. Define all the “public” Variables in the Inits Script
6. Establish the db connections in the Inits Test Script
Test Scripts Elements:
Prior to the development of Test Scripts the fashion of arranging the Test Scripts needs a proper planning. Lets look at few inputs on arranging the Test ware.
ERROR CHECK LIST FOR INSPECTIONS
WALK THROUGHS IN TESTING
TESTING FOR SPECIALIZED ENVIRONMENTS PART ONE
TESTING FOR SPECIALIZED ENVIRONMENTS PART TWO
DEBUGGING AND TESTING
DEFECT AMPLIFICATION AND REMOVAL
ITERATIVE SPIRAL MODEL
STANDARD WATER MODEL
CONTROLLED TESTING ENVIRONMENT
RISK ANALYSIS PART ONE
RISK ANALYSIS PART TWO
BACK GROUND ISSUES
SOFTWARE REVIEWS PART ONE
SOFTWARE REVIEWS PART TWO
V MODEL IN TESTING