- Improve the complete software development and maintenance cycle.
- Make QA testing easier, reliable, and effective.
- Remove error-prone steps from product release management.
- Support and ease the challenges of change management and defect tracking.
- Improve the quality and validity of code through version control.
- Provide code roll-back if necessary, or trace related code components.
- Maintain a history of code changes (who, what, when and why).
The CM team provides the following services throughout the course of product development and deployment:
- Implement and maintain version control in development and testing environments.
- Prepare and configure QA servers per the specifications provided by system designers.
- Move code into the testing environment (servers and SCD) and establish the initial (or “baseline”) code base.
- Give the go-ahead to QA to commence testing after the code is moved.
CM’s role in software development and deployment may be summarized as follows:
- In preparation for QA testing, CM moves all labeled files from the development SCD to the QA servers and the QA SCD, where they are labeled again.
- During QA testing, CM moves all new builds and defect fixes to the QA SCD and QA servers and labels them.
- When the files are approved, CM labels and moves them from the QA SCD into the production staging servers.
- Upon approval from project management and QA, CM promotes the final code base to production servers for deployment.
- Any defect fixes or enhancements after the initial build will also be deployed following the above steps.
QA audits all CM functions for adherence to CM plans and procedures and prepares reports of its findings. QA reviews the CM plans for compliance with software CM policies and verifies that the plans include follow-up for defects.
The CM functions monitored and audited by QA include baseline control, configuration identification, and configuration control. QA assures that:
- Baselines are established and consistently maintained for use in subsequent baseline development and control.
- Approved changes to baseline software are made properly and consistently in all products, and no unauthorized changes are made.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE AND CONTROL
SOFTWARE QUALITY AND COST ASPECT
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING PART TWO
DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
REDUCTION OF DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
SOFTWARE TESTING AND EFFECTING FACTORS
SCOPE OF SOFTWARE TESTING
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART ONE
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART TWO
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART THREE
SOFTWARE TESTING AND CONSTRAINTS WITH IN IT
TESTING CONSTRAINTS PART TWO
LIFE CYCLE TESTING
Independent Software Testing
Testing verification and validation
Functional and structural testing
Static and dynamic testing
V model testing
Eleven steps of V model testing
Execution testing technique
Recovery Testing technique
Operation testing technique
Compliance software testing technique
Security testing technique
Here i am adding the further topics list on software testing subject and the topics may be scattered and you can find under different groups.
MAJOR SYSTEM FAILURES IN THE HISTORY
WHAT IS A SOFTWARE BUG ?
ROLE OF A TESTER
SOFTWARE TESTING INTRODUCTION PART ONE
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART TWO
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART THREE
TESTING INTRODUCTIONS PART FOUR
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART TWO
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART THREE