Unit testing focuses verification efforts on the smallest unit of software design the module. Using the procedural design description as guide, important control paths are tested to uncover errors within the boundary of the module . the relative complexity of tests and uncovered errors are limited by the constraint scope established for unit testing. The unit test is normally white-box oriented, and the step can be conducted in parallel for multiple modules.
Unit test consideration
- The module interface is tested to ensure that information properly flows into and out of the program unit under test. The local data structure is examined to ensure the data stored temporarily maintains its integrity during all steps in an algorithm's execution.
- Boundary conditions are tested to ensure that the module operates properly at boundaries established to limit or restrict processing. All independent paths through the control structure are exercised to ensure that all statements in a module have been executed at least once. And finally, all error-handling paths are tested.
- Tests of data flow across a module interface are required before any other test is initiated. If data do not enter and exit properly, all other tests are doubtful.
Checklist for interface tests.
- Number of input parameters equals to number of arguments.
- Parameter and argument attributes match.
- Parameter and argument systems match.
- Number of arguments transmitted to called modules equal to number of parameters.
- Attributes of arguments transmitted to called modules equal to attributes of parameters.
- Unit system of arguments transmitted to call modules equal to unit system of parameters.
- Number attributes and order of arguments to built-in functions correct.
- Any references to parameters not associated with current point of entry.
- Input-only arguments altered.
- Global variable definitions consistent across modules.
- Constraints passed as arguments.
INTEGRATION TESTING PART ONE
INTEGRATION TESTING PART TWO
INTEGRATION TESTING PART THREE
INTEGRATION TESTING PART FOUR
INTEGRATION TESTING PART FIVE
INTEGRATION TEST STANDARDS
INTEGRATION TEST STANDARDS PART TWO
QUALITY ASSURANCE PART TWO
QUALITY ASSURANCE SQA
QUALITY OF DESIGN OF TEST CASE
QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN SOFTWARE TESTING
TOOLS FOR QUALITY MANAGEMENT
STATICAL QUALITY ASSURANCE
ISO APPROACH TO QUALITY TESTING