Conformance to explicitly state functional and performance requirements explicitly documented development standards, and implicit characteristics that are expected of all professionally developed software.
The above definition emphasizes three important points.
1. Software requirements are the foundation from which quality is measured. Lack of conformance to requirements is lack of quality.
2. Specified standards define a set of development criteria that guide the manner in which software is engineered. If the criteria are not followed, lack of quality will almost surely result.
3. There is a set of implicit requirements often goes unmentioned. (E.g. the desire of good maintainability). If software conforms to its explicit requirements but fails to meet implicit requirements, software quality is questionable.
QA is an essential activity for any business that produces products to be used by others.
The SQA group serves as the customer in-house representative. That is the people who perform SQA must look at the software from customer's point of views.
The SQA group attempts to answer the questions asked below and hence ensure the quality of software. The questions are
1. Has software development been conducted according to pre-established standards?
2. Have technical disciplines properly performed their role as part of the SQA activity?
SQA is comprised of a variety of tasks associated with two different constituencies
1. The software engineers who do technical work like
- Performing Quality assurance by applying technical methods
- Conduct Formal Technical Reviews
- Perform well-planed software testing.
2. SQA group that has responsibility for
- Quality assurance planning oversight
- Record keeping
- Analysis and reporting.
QA activities performed by SE team and SQA are governed by the following plan.
- Evaluation to be performed.
- Audits and reviews to be performed.
- Standards that is applicable to the project.
- Procedures for error reporting and tracking
- Documents to be produced by the SQA group
- Amount of feedback provided to software project team.
- What are the activities performed by SQA and SE team?
- Prepare SQA Plan for a project
- Participate in the development of the project's software description
- Review software-engineering activities to verify compliance with defined software process.
- Audits designated software work products to verify compliance with those defined as part of the software process.
- Ensures that deviations in software work and work products are documented and handled according to a documented procedure.
- Records any noncompliance and reports to senior management.
QTEST CASE DESIGN
TEST CASE DESIGN TWO
DESIGN OF TEST CASES PART THREE
TEST CASE DESIGN PART THREE
TEST CASE DESIGN PART FOUR
TEST CASE DESIGN PART FIVE
TEST CASE DESIGN PART SIX
TEST CASE DESIGN PART SEVEN
TEST CASE DESIGN PART EIGHT
TEST CASE DESIGN PART NINE
REVIEWS AND APPROVAL OF TEST CASES
WRITING SOFTWARE TEST CASES PART ONE
WRITING SOFTWARE TEST CASES PART TWO
WRITING SOFTWARE TEST CASES PART THREE
WRITING SOFTWARE TEST CASES PART FOUR