Like all software development activities, projects risk the following common technical and programmatic problems:
- Inaccurate understanding of the project requirements.
- Inflexibility; inability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Modules that do not work together.
- Late discovery of serious project flaws.
- Scant record of who changed what, when, or why.
- Limited roll-back capabilities
Such problems often stem from the following root causes:
- Lack of communication; poor information work flow.
- Lack of processes.
- Lack of standards and/or procedures.
- Lack of process for integration (the big picture).
- Lack of solid testing methodology.
With the following programmatic components in place, the root causes of many common project problems may be corrected:
- Quality assurance
- Configuration management
- Version control
- Controlled testing environment
- Quality assurance testing
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE AND CONTROL
SOFTWARE QUALITY AND COST ASPECT
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING PART TWO
DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
REDUCTION OF DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
SOFTWARE TESTING AND EFFECTING FACTORS
SCOPE OF SOFTWARE TESTING
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART ONE
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART TWO
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART THREE
SOFTWARE TESTING AND CONSTRAINTS WITH IN IT
TESTING CONSTRAINTS PART TWO
LIFE CYCLE TESTING
Independent Software Testing
Testing verification and validation
Functional and structural testing
Static and dynamic testing
V model testing
Eleven steps of V model testing
Execution testing technique
Recovery Testing technique
Operation testing technique
Compliance software testing technique
Security testing technique
Here i am adding the further topics list on software testing subject and the topics may be scattered and you can find under different groups.
MAJOR SYSTEM FAILURES IN THE HISTORY
WHAT IS A SOFTWARE BUG ?
ROLE OF A TESTER
SOFTWARE TESTING INTRODUCTION PART ONE
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART TWO
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART THREE
TESTING INTRODUCTIONS PART FOUR
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART TWO
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART THREE