1) explicitly define what is meant when you say “software quality,
(2) create a set of activities that will help ensure that every software engineering work product exhibits high quality,
(3) perform quality assurance activities on every software project,
(4) use metrics to develop strategies for improving your software process and, as a consequence, the quality of the end product.
Who does it?
Everyone involved in the software engineering process is responsible for quality.
Why is it important?
You can do it right, or you can do it over again. If a software team stresses quality in all software engineering activities, it reduces the amount of rework that it must do. That results in lower costs, and more importantly, improved time-to-market.
What are the steps?
Before software quality assurance activities can be initiated, it is important to define ‘software quality’ at a number of different levels of abstraction. Once you understand what quality is, a software team must identify a set of SQA activities that will filter errors out of work products before they are passed on.
What is the work product?
A software Quality Assurance Plan is created to define a software team’s SQA strategy. During analysis, design, and code generation, the primary SQA work product is the formal technical review summary report. During core produced. Other work prod-improvement may also be generated.
How do I ensure that I've done it right?
Find errors before they become defects! That is, work to improve your defect removal efficiency , thereby reducing the amount of rework that your software team has to perform.
(1) a quality management approach,
(2) effective software engineering technology (methods and tools),
(3) formal technical reviews that are applied throughout the software process,
(4) a multitiered testing strategy,
(5) control of software documentation and the changes made to it,
(6) a procedure to ensure compliance with software development standards (when applicable),
(7) measurement and reporting mechanisms.
SOFTWARE QUALITY AND COST ASPECT
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING
STABLE PROCESS OF SOFTWARE TESTING PART TWO
DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
REDUCTION OF DEFECTS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
SOFTWARE TESTING AND EFFECTING FACTORS
SCOPE OF SOFTWARE TESTING
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART ONE
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART TWO
TESTING LIFE CYCLE PART THREE
SOFTWARE TESTING AND CONSTRAINTS WITH IN IT
TESTING CONSTRAINTS PART TWO
LIFE CYCLE TESTING
Independent Software Testing
Testing verification and validation
Functional and structural testing
Static and dynamic testing
V model testing
Eleven steps of V model testing
Execution testing technique
Recovery Testing technique
Operation testing technique
Compliance software testing technique
Security testing technique
Here i am adding the further topics list on software testing subject and the topics may be scattered and you can find under different groups.
MAJOR SYSTEM FAILURES IN THE HISTORY
WHAT IS A SOFTWARE BUG ?
ROLE OF A TESTER
SOFTWARE TESTING INTRODUCTION PART ONE
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART TWO
TESTING INTRODUCTION PART THREE
TESTING INTRODUCTIONS PART FOUR
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART TWO
SOFTWARE TESTING FUNDAMENTALS PART THREE